Adobe Lightroom Workshop
with David Mallows
Sunday 1st February 2015
10.30 to 16.00 Backworth Hall
Backworth, Nr. Newcastle.
Newcastle upon Tyne, NE27 OAH
Lightroom Introduction- The Fundamentals
• How to start a new catalogue
• Importing your picture
• Applying metadata and Keywords
• Managing your files- key-wording and file renaming
• How to avoid the?
• Folders v Collections -what they are and when to use them
Using the Develop Tools
• Why Raw- Harnessing the power of raw
• Cropping, white balance, exposure adjustment • Using develop pre-sets, tethered shooting and auto import • How to export to Photoshop and Photoshop Elements
• How to export for email, print and book
Profile: David Mallows, Re-toucher, Photographer and Certified Adobe Presenter, has over 20 years combined photographic industry experience in both hardware and software, coupled with first-hand knowledge of the day to day practicalities of running his own commercial photography business. He has been a freelance presenter for Adobe Systems UK for the last 8 years, regularly presenting and delivering training at major UK photographic trade events.
Since 2007 David has photographed many of the biggest stars of the music industry as an official photographer for The Brit Awards, The Classic Brit’s, The Mercury Prize and the Music Industry trust Awards.
Tea and Coffee on arrival, Buffet lunch £7. (pre-booking essential)
Cost: RPS Members £15 non RPS Members £20
Cheques should be made out to “RPS Northern Region” and sent to
Mr B Pearson ARPS, 2 Waterloo Place, North Shields, Tyne & Wear. NE29 ONA. Contact: Brian Pearson ARPS Email: brianpearson41 @btinternet.com